Sunday, March 25, 2012

Canard avec pommes de terre at sauce au vin

I made the following one night when I was cooking for myself.  Cary's dad, Rick, sells meat and when I mentioned I like duck he unloaded several different peices of duck for me to have fun with.  I did a a google search and with the following link I cooked myself dinner.

http://www.thecitycook.com/cooking/recipes/data/000032

Though I didn't have all the fancy ingredients for the sauce, I thought the duck breast itself came out nice.  I was concerned about burning the duck, significant smoke was produced when I put the duck, fat-down, into the already hot cast iron skillet, it tasted great.  The color of the fat was very close to black, I'm unsure if you can see it in the photograph.

The potatoes and vegetables were hanging out in the kitchen or refrigerator and needed to get eaten or they would have been thrown away.

Though I have not tried the following, I foresee it in my future.

http://www.thehungrymouse.com/2009/02/11/the-best-way-to-roast-a-duck-hello-crispy-skin/

No comments:

Post a Comment