Saturday, June 16, 2012

EURASIA

Cary, Tina, Eric, and I went to Eurasia in Virginia Beach.  This was the first time Cary and I had been to the restaurant, located in an unassuming strip mall off of Laskin Road.  The food and the wait staff was excellent.  For my appetizer I had beef carpacio (first beef carpacio experience for me),  it came with a truffled egg salad cube and salad greens.  My favorite part was the carpacio, not an offensive flavor and a unique texture.  Cary even tried one mouthful.  She had sashemi over fried avocado.  The sashemi tasted like sashemi we could get anywhere, but I've never had fried avocado.  The fried avocado was great.  For my entree I had the catch of the day, grouper, with oysters Rockefeller.  I had no idea of what oysters Rockefeller was, so I figured I would give it a shot.  The oysters were prepared fried, which according to Wikipedia, is not oysters Rockefeller.  The flounder was great, and the mashed potatoes the fish were served on top of were also great.  Cary had the shrimp and grits.  Good overall, I liked the grits portion, the shrimp were just plain on shrimp.  Nothing special. 

Overall it was great, we had the opportunity to try some food that had never eaten before.




http://www.eurasiavb.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment