Saturday, June 30, 2012

11th Street Taphouse, Virginia Beach, Virginia

On a hot evening in late June, Cary and I ventured out to Virginia Becah to try the 11th Street Taphouse.  For the amount of money we paid it was not a good experience.  If we were to forget the amount of money we paid and just consider the quality of food it was also not a good experience.  The wait staff was meek and timid and the chairs were flimsy.  Even the drinks were watered down.

Cary ordered the sliders with fries.  I think that I've had better sliders reheated from the freezer, and the fries were nothing special.  I ordered the catch of the day, flounder.  The flounder came with a starch and a vegetable.  The starch was brown rice, which I'm confident was Uncle Ben's or a cheaper non brand-name wild rice, and the vegetable was corn on the cob.  Corn is also a starch.  So I got two starches.  I don't particularly care that I got two starches but I do smirk when a restaurant claims one thing and presents another, my guess is because they don't know the difference.  The flounder came out tasting more like fish jerky than fresh catch o'the day.  I don't recal how boring and un-rememberable the two starched were.

I am glad that Cary and I were able to have a date night on the beach.  We've also discovered a restaraunt that we don't ever need to go back to.


Cary prior to falling asleep eating 30 dollar sliders.
Maybe the lemons were the vegetable, or the mayonaise?  Fish jerky is in the top right hand corner of the plate.  Maybe the only good thing about the restaurant was the pleasantly shaped plates.

No comments:

Post a Comment