Monday, July 9, 2012

Waterman's Surfside Grill

Cary and I had dinner at Waterman's Surfside Grill on the beach in Virginia Beach, VA. We've been here before for brunch with some people from the barn.  After our earlier experience on the beach with bad food we decided to try something we knew would result in a good experience.  We started off with the hush puppies and an Orange Crush.  The ingredients of an orange crush is orange vodka, triple sec, and something else, maybe orange juice.  Regardless, it was really good.  The hush puppies were good enough.  Good enough to finish the plate of fried food, but not great. 
 For my entree I had tune, seared on the outside and rare inside.  It came topped with crab meat.  I ate all of it but I will not remember this as a plate that really impressed me.  I can definitely say that it was not awful, and that I ate all of it.  The mashed potatoes that came with it were pretty good.  Vegetables were, whatever.

 Cary had the sirloin with exactly the same sides.  She also thought the food was average, she ate all of her steak, except the small portion I ate.  She also liked the mashed potatoes and thought the vegetables were average.

Those Orange Crush drinks are great.  They make the restaurant an experience.  The food was definitely not awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment